Due to popular demand, we have created a new service for our clients who wish to have a cheaper option than hardcover book binding, with a shorter time frame than we offer for our thesis binding and fine binding options.
Softcover binding is available in three simple styles, in two sizes, 8.5″x11″ or 5.5″x8.5″. :
- Saddle-Stitched (A fancy name for single signature staple-binding, that is, up to 40 pages folded in half and stapled down the spine.) $20/book, 5 book minimum order. Prices do not include printing.
- Thesis Softcover (Up to 400 pages, oversewn on the spine, with a cloth tape covering the stitching and spine.) $40/book, 3 book minimum order. Prices do not include printing.
- Perfect-Bound Softcover (Up to 400 pages, oversewn on the spine, with a cardstock wrapper.) $50/book, 3 book minimum order. Prices do not include printing.
- There are NO rush services available, as these books are NOT bound in our studio.
- Turnaround time is approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Specialty services, such as fold-outs, CD sleeves, etc. are not available with these books, they are bare-bones service only.
- PDF files may be emailed to us for processing, and an order placed over the telephone.
- Covers will be plain cream colored card stock unless a printed file is supplied.
- A $50 design fee will be added if Cover Files are not properly formatted for bleeds. (Any lettering or fonts need to be at least 3/8″ from the trimmed sides of the books).
- A $50 design fee will be added if the Print Files are not properly formatted with at least 3/8″ (1CM) margin.
- All prices assume trimming on the fore edge only.
- Printing prices are 10¢ for black and white, $1.00 for color pages.
- As this is a third party supplier, we cannot offer discounts for multiple copies. The prices and the services are as offered.
- We guarantee the quality of services offered by our company. As such, if there is something materially wrong with the work, the books may be returned to be repaired or replaced.